Dear Dancers & Supporters,
Having a case of deja vu? Many of you recall that, once before, we lost our dance home on very short notice. That was the Summer of 2010 that we all scrambled to find studio spaces to continue our rehearsals and dance instruction.
To the surprise & delight of many, we we're able to reorganize and return to 1830 17th Street after six months as dance nomads.
Back in 2010, it would have been easy to think that Metronome was down and out. Yet we managed to re-open the best ballroom in San Francisco and stick it out for four more years.
And now once again, we become dance nomads. This time, though, we proceed with greater wisdom and a stronger sense of community. I'm excited to see what we'll pull off next!
Michelle Bird, Metronome Dance Collective, dancer & owner
April 17th 2015
May 15th 2015
Like so many artists in San Francisco, we have been affected by the local economic boom. What we planned as our anniversary party became a farewell to our much beloved dance home of 24 years.
As we adjust to this sudden and unexpected change, please return to this page for updates.
* Attend an upcoming EVENT
* Make a TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATION
* Our immediate goal is to fund pop-up locations where we can maintain private instruction and group classes.
* Next, we want to fund activities such as showcases and dance socials to keep our community energized & raise funds for a more permanent dance home.
* Volunteer ! Contact us at Dance@MetronomeSF.com
Friday April 24th 24 YEAR ANNIVERSARY / FAREWELL 1830 17th ST. PARTY
Thursday April 30th Last day at original location
Summer 2015 Metronome at Pop-Up Locations!
Our quest to keep the spirit of Metronome alive continues.
Photo from our 2014 Summer Summer Gala Event
The Book of Love, Produced and Directed by Michael Eric Koptke & Chelsea Farrah
Thank you dancers for helping us raise nearly $6000!
What Does Your Money Support?
- San Francisco Rent is our biggest expense
- Day-to-day expenses, utilities and studio upkeep
- Improve Lighting in Main Ballroom
- Plumbing & Lighting Repairs in restrooms
- Soundproofing & echo reduction in ballroom
- Provide space & support to local dance community to share their creative vision
- Improved sound system
- More Live Entertainment
Your support means a continued presence in San Francisco and ability to produce dance shows and host dances featuring live music! Your generous contributions have already helped us recover from a costly studio closure in Nov 2013 due to roof damage, repair the air conditioning in the Mezzanine, as well as other maintenance projects for our 7,500 sq foot facility.With your help we can continue to serve our community and provide a home for all of our dancers.
Completed Projects & Past Fundraising
August 2013 - Mezzanine A/C Repair completed thanks to your donations!
Nov 21st - Dec 5 2013: Entrance closed. Main floor partially available. Private and holiday events cancelled.